Tuesday, May 1, 2012

People Change

Every day it amazes me even more how people change.

I read a quote today which read "They say people come and go, but the truth is, no one really disappears from your life. People never really leave; their roles in your life simply change. "

At first I was thinking about the people I knew, the people I was friends with, the people I hated, the people I wanted to know, but then I started thinking about who I am, who my friends were and how we've changed.
For example:
  • Nearly 4.5 years ago Steven Kots and I were complete strangers looking for nothing more than a college fling and in 4 months and 14 days... we'll be husband and wife. There is so much to say about him and our life together that i'd probably need a separate blog, a video camera,  some pictures an a time machine. That would be the only way to explain our love, our life and our story to those who don't know us.
  • When I was 5 years old I met a girl named Cassandra Patterson. In 11 days she will be getting married. I can't believe how fast time flies. :)
  • In high school I reconnected with a girl I'd met in 6th grade named Lauren Lewis. We became great friends. We laughed together, played together, wept together. She helped me through the deaths of two important people in my life and has taught me so much. There was even a point in out friendship where we swore we'd never speak again, yet today... all I can say is that I don't know what I'd do with out her. And... going with the theme. She will marry the man of her dreams in 5 months and 26 days. She has also given birth to one of the most beautiful little girls I've ever seen. 
  • Briana Bailey. Briana I met when I was 9 or 10. We have been through so much together also. I will never forget when Bri started dating Blake, a guy I'd known since I was 11 from a completely different aspect of my life and this town. Another way things change. I never knew he could be the man, husband and father he is today and I am so excited for both of them to welcome their new addition. 
  • Sarah Hills... o miss Sarah Hills, a stranger, then a niece pearl, then a friend, then a roommate, then a sole mate. When I was first told she'd be my niece peal I had no idea what to get a girl I'd never really met. After I got to know her I really started to like her. Then when we lived together we found out our parent's have known each other forever. I wasn't quite positive yet, but when I found that out I was pretty sure we were sole mates. If not then it was just a HUGE freaking coincidence that Tri Delta assigned me to a random girl who other girls had asked to support and roomed us together. This girl is my other half. I have been dating Steven for the last five years but Sarah, Sarah's my sister, my roommate, my friend, my date for any kind of event. She's the friend I had always hoped for. We may not spend every waking minute together (since we got jobs and moved apart at least =P) and we may not braid each others hair (except for that one time haha) but we are best friends. I tell her everything and she's always there for me. Not to mention the crazy stories she tells me and the things I learn from her haha. There is so much to our friendship that just can't be explained and can't be duplicated.  We have come so far in the years that we've known each other and grown both as people and as friends. I can't wait to see what the future brings us :)
  • Janet Blanke - almost a year ago, I was an intern and J was a dancer. We worked together and that was about it. But then a series of events led to a friendship I hope will last forever. I can honestly say when I met this spunky, smiling little dancer last year, I wouldn't have guessed she'd be one of my bridesmaids and my closest friends.
  • Ember Oseto- When I started working at the Nugget I was warned about the mean night supervisor and how she was cranky, or whatever they all said. Luckily, I like to get to know people and make my own decisions because I would've missed out on a great friend. Even though I will give her man crap until the day I die I love their little family and mr. Chandler. I only wish I could see them more. But once life settles down a little I hope to do just that.
  • Bree Harris, crazy, insane, silly, outgoing Bree. A classmate, an acquaintance, a friend. This is one of those friendships that you treasure because you know no matter where life takes you and no matter how far apart you become, no matter how long it's been since you've spoken... the conversation and the friendship pick up right where they left off the last time.
  • Kurt Itskin, 4.5 years ago he was an ATO pledge in my math class and now I don't know what I'd do without him either. I know some days we drive each other crazy but I think that's why his mom says we're like brother and sister. We are kind of that quote "friends are family we choose" we choose to be friends so we don't drive each other completely bonkers, but we do a pretty good job =P
  • When I started hanging out at Phi Delt I met a girl name Melyssa  Roe. She seemed so nice and I really wanted to get to know her. I spent less time at Phi Delt and, therefore, less time with her. A few months later, who rushed Tri Delt? Melyssa. I was so excited but hadn't been talkative enough for her to remember me and she thought i was weird lol. I will never get the day she told me that. Anyway, she's taught me so much and I'm excited to say she too will wed someone I knew as a kid. Sam. When we were young I could never have predicted he'd join the military and turn into a sweet (yet still sassy) guy. I guess the right girl can affect every guy. I am so excited for them and can't wait for their wedding next year
  • I know some people may think I left them out or wonder why they were not included, but I can't write everything I think and I can't not write in fear of upsetting someone. One thing I've learned over the past year as well, is that just because you don't see each other everyday, doesn't mean you don't have a friend. I have some of the best friends in the world.
There have been friendships that I have lost over the past few years but when I look back on those I realize that, while they might've been difficult at the time, they were steps I needed to take to become the woman I am today. In the past I looked back on those memories and wished to do it over again, but then I realized that we've changed and that part of our lives is in the past, a chapter in our books that has ended and now I am happy to smile and remember that they happened. I treasure it's friendship I've had and even the enemies I've had, each relationship has taught me so much about life and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment