Monday, January 14, 2013

Puppy Duty

o my! What a year this has been already! Steven and I arrived in North Carolina December 30, 2012 and on December 31st, he surprised me by taking me to the animal hospital to pick up our little puppy! While getting Baxter's shots a few of the receptionists told us about Zeus. Zeus is an adorable, pain-in-the-butt puppy about the same age as Baxter. After having his ear almost completely bitten off his previous owner had dropped him at the office and abandoned him. The receptionists asked us to consider adopting Zeus and on January 11. These two have been driving us absolutely crazy lol. They seem just like little kids "you want to rest? I think no!" 

Right now is heaven! I wanted to rake the backyard so we can have lawn in the summer I had the puppies outside with me and they were running and jumping, chasing bugs, eating sticks, and for the first time ever they both sat at the door to the house and stared at me. I opened the door and they ran to their respective places on the floor next to the couch and passed out! haha I think I have just found my solution to hyper puppies! 

In other news. Out of 79 boxes I'm down to about 12. 2 are Christmas stuff, a few are clothes and some are "random boxes of crap" as I labeled them, which i now have to go through since I was a hoarder when packing lol. They house was looking a lot better but something was just off and we couldn't really figure it out; there was just something that didn't feel like home. Well, yesterday Steven we bought a Hoover Pet Vacuum and curtains, took down the blinds the puppies ate and vacuumed up all of the pine needles and an ddirt dragged in by the moving company and puppies and it feels so much more homely! It's amazing what a clean home can do! We figured out the alarm system and have gotten both puppies potty trained and the beds and new tv set up. All we need now is to get them to sleep through the whole night and we'll be golden! 

Hope the rest of the day goes well!


No comments:

Post a Comment