Thursday, February 9, 2012

Random Thoughts

O weight loss how you torture me so. It seems as if every time I try to lose weight i start off really good and then something goes horribly wrong. Well, this time I am not going to give up. The past few days I've been allowing myself to cheat on my diet or whatever you call it, because I've been in so much pain, but I'm over it. I am signing up with Fitness Connection ASAP so that I can swim in the mornings or at lunch or after work or something and I will learn how to do more upper body stuff while I am in physical therapy.

o ya! Physical therapy! For all of you who may be curious, I had my appointment with my orthopedic surgeon yesterday. It was a lot of news, some good, some bad, some.. well neither really.
  • Good News- not broken
  • Good News- didn't harm my reconstructive surgery I'd had as a teen
  • Good News- we know what is hurting - my subtailor joint (I can never remember the name and always say subterraneal lol so not a word or a joint.) 
  • Bad News- We don't know what is wrong with it or why
  • Good and Bad News- My ankle is unusually weak, it is possible that my subtailor joint has been taking a beating since my ankle is so weak. 
  • Solution- Shot of cortisone and steroids with a freaking 3+ inch needle yesterday (more to come) 6 weeks of physical therapy to attempt to strengthen the ankle and then if that doesn't work and MRI. (keeping my fingers crossed about the physical therapy!)
So there you have it, my leg update. So now I am going to start going back to the gym (since i can't go back to Zumba :( ) and I am going to work as hard as I can.

I wonder if I am addicted to potato chips. I have not had a single potato chip today and feel like I am going through withdrawals or something. I mean I am not shaking or anything but I keep thinking about them and keep wanting to go to the store to buy them. I feel like I am trying to get sober. I keep telling myself that maybe I am an addict and I need to give them up... but then I think about the alternatives. I eat fruit, vegetables and meat, that's it, all day, except for potatoes and the occasionally trip to frozen yogurt. Everyone needs junk food, a comfort food, if I give up my potato chips (all natural so no corn anything) every alternative has about twice the amount of calories. French fries, gluten free cookies or candy. The crap they use to substitute for flour is so much worse for you than potatoes and salt in olive oil. O I wish I knew what to do. I don't like only having one junk food. Yesterday when I met with someone at Fitness Connection he congratulated me on my Celiac and corn allergy "You've already got your diet under control, that's half the battle" I asked him about my potato chip issue and he said everyone needs something... maybe he's right. Ugh, who knows, I hope he's right cause I don't think I can give them up lol.

I'm not on the track I wanted to be on with my weight loss but I am still doing pretty good. Hopefully now that I've gotten my eating under control and I am going to start Fitness Connection I can get back on track. I am 20 lbs from my goal now :) whoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment