Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tuesday - 2 days down, 2 to go

This week is kind of big for me. My job is not exactly a place of happiness for me, at least not anymore. Over the past few months it has become almost unbearable. Originally, due to the move, I stated I would be leaving the company on the 14th of December. Yesterday I announce Thursday will be my last day. I am so happy and so relieved and face only two problems, the struggle with myself over the paycheck I'm missing out on and the fact that now the past two days have been crawling by like snails. I swear 1-2pm yesterday felt like it took a few hours. Nevertheless, I am happy with my decision. I am going to practice and freshen up /improve my web design skills in hopes of having a business or side business called LA Custom Website Design.

I'm so nervous about "starting" my own company and even just about charging people Steven and I know for websites, but it's something I want to do and I'm hoping it goes well. To be completely honest, I don't think I'm the kin of person who has my own company. I love busy work and web design and creating things for print (this I just learned over the last year) but I love to have something to create for. I love websites and could do that but I think the thing I've fallen in love with even more is designing things for print. I love spending hours and even days with myself or a team changing photos and layouts and tweaking tiny little things then sending it off to the printer. Seeing the final product, being able to hold it and think, this is me or this is us, is a great feeling.

I suppose for now I will do what I can and hope that I find a job I fall in love with when I move.

No comments:

Post a Comment