Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Lessons

What I learned today,

  • Waiting for one of your lifelong and best friends to give birth to a baby girl everyone can't wait to meet.... Makes one nervous.
  • Using your abs and legs to make your hips shake makes you super sore
  • Do not forget a hair tie when planning on doing Zumba (or any cardio i assume) for a long period of time. 
  • Ask a coworker for something she was supposed to do months ago... "soon" ask her in front of your boss "done"! whoot
  • Still makes me smile when someone from the past remembers me. I love looking at a person and remembering all the good times. I love looking at a person, sharing a smile and knowing while you may never have the same relationship again, or one at all for that matter, you will always have the past, you will always have the memories, you will always have that smile. Maybe you used to be enemies... but that smile, it says "I forgive you", it says "I hope you are happy", it says everything. 
  • Chicken on a miniature George Forman  - difficult 
  • Looney toons - still funny
  • I have the best, most supportive friends and family
  • I am not as weak as I thought :) Probably the most important lesson of the day
Had a great day at work today. I feel totally accomplished. For SO MANY reasons haha. At lunch however I went to the dentist. OMG it took forever. While I was waiting for the dentist I over heard one of the hygienists talking about how she found a gorgeous wedding gown but refused to pay $700 for something she'd only wear once. I was so curious because, heck, I know people who paid more than that for a prom dress. I was wondering if it could be because of money but listening to her talk about vacations I'm gonna think not. Then I heard her say how she was so simple but her fiance is freaking out planning everything... Lol I definitely think there's a little role reversal. I thought it was very interesting. I wonder what it would be like to be someone who wants to rent their wedding gown. I know there are people that have to, but to want to. Perhaps she's a tomboy, or just one of those girls who never dreamt of a prince charming and a big white wedding.
Unfortunately I am not one of those people. However, I have to admit, I'm not to torn up about that because our wedding is going to be one hell of a party. I am so excited to marry the man of my dreams. I can't wait to get all dolled up and see the look on his face when he sees me for the first time in a breathtaking white gown. I hope he'll think I'm breathtaking. I've always dreamt of being the girl that walks into the room and everyone stares. But honestly, as long as he's jaw drops or he's eyes tear up or something.. I will feel like a million dollars.

Thinking about my weight loss goal I've started thinking, "what if I do reach it? What do I do then?" and "When I do reach my goal, what will he think?" May 25th I will see Steven for the first time since December 26, 2011. There are 20 weeks between now and then which would be 40 lbs. I would weigh 148.4 lbs. That will be 23 pounds less than I have weighed EVER, in my entire life. Can i even get that small?? What will he think? Will he think I'm pretty, will I think I'm pretty? With my bone size will I look too thin. So many questions... I can't wait till I start seeing improvements in my body. I can't wait to see who I turn out to be. 

I am so excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment