Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Starting Off The New Year Right

This morning I got the urge to set up a blog. I thought to myself, "You've always wanted to set up a blog, Why not now?"  I tried setting up a blog on a different site and was unsuccessful and then I stumbled upon blogger.com. Needless to say, I have spent the better half of my day setting up my blog. I picked out a template and put up some photos and, while I know it is not completely set up yet, I am happy with it.

When setting up my blog I was presented with a difficult task; picking a blog title. I went through quotes, sentences, jokes, and finally a list of all of the most famous and popular song titles. There were many that fit who I am and even more that would be great blog titles, but when I read "All You Need Is Love" I knew that was it. In the grand scheme of things, love isn't all you need. For all those skeptics out there, I am aware that you also need food, air, shelter, clothing, money, etc. but when you don't have those or when those are running short, it is usually love that can bring you through those hard times. Whether it be a shared love between you and another person, or a love between you and yourself, the strongest people in life have love.

After I decided my title I played with the template backgrounds and then found my way to a blog layout site with a lot of choices. I found a few that I really liked and just chose one, since there are hundreds of pages of layouts, so I assume that I will probably be playing with them later.

When I'd finally made my decision on my layout I got to design (which is also not finished) and then came the time to write. "Awesome, What do I do know?" I said to myself. Then I got to thinking. I have wanted to write a blog ever since I was a little kid and realized i have better luck with a laptop then a diary. Every year I tell myself I am going to start a blog and I never do, so why don't a make it a part of my new years resolutions and write those.

Now I know that resolutions are usually made in the end of the previosu year so that you may begin them on day one of the next year, but I've never really been one for New Years Resolutions so ... I figure this is progress.

Lauren's Resolutions:
  1. Start a blog.
  2. Lose Weight 
    • Diet
    • Exercise
  3. Learn French
  4. Practice Italian
  5. Worry Less
As of now, these are my resolutions. I planned to describe how I was going to accomplish all of these, however, work was busier that planned and now, to help accomplish resolution number 2 I have Zumba class at 5:30 with one of my BFF's Melyssa. So I must say goodbye. Tomorrow I will return and plan out my attack on my resolutions.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment